Gloucester County covers over 225 square miles of land area and 32 square miles of water. Located at the southeastern tip of Virginia’s Middle Peninsula. This advantageous position in the geographic center of the Eastern Seaboard provides the County easy access to many major markets. Gloucester County is 34 miles north of the port of Hampton Roads, 45 miles north of Norfolk, and 59 miles east of the State Capital, Richmond.
* 5 ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS- GRADES K-5
* 2 MIDDLE SCHOOLS- GRADES 6-8
* 1 HIGH SCHOOL- GRADES 9-12
New Online Graduate Cohorts Forming At Radford University
Master of Science in Educational Leadership
EdD in Education
• Our program is fully online providing convenience and flexibility for working professionals.
• We use the latest in collaborative online technologies (Zoom) to give you the benefits of a traditional face-to-face program with the convenience of online.
• Our program offers seven week courses allowing students to focus on one course at a time and still complete two courses each semester.
• Our Master’s program meets the Virginia licensure requirements for Pk-12. Administration and Supervision
• Our new cohort for the Master’s degree will begin this Fall. The new EdD cohort will begin next January. Applications are being accepted for both programs now.
• Click here to view a short video about our program. Click here to apply.
Transforming Today's Educators Into Tomorrow's Leaders
M.S.Ed., Ed.S., & Ph.D. Cohorts
The PK-12 Educational Leadership program offers Master's (M.S.Ed.) and Educational Specialist (Ed.S) degrees that prepare aspiring leaders for school and division-level administrative positions. The Ph.D. in Education with a concentration in Educational Leadership prepares educational leaders for professional positions in PK-12 schools, faculty positions in higher education, research positions, and state and national policy making.
The Educational Leadership Program uses a cohort model where you will attend live, online classes with the same educational leadership students throughout your program, joining class on the same day throughout all semesters.
- There are multiple cohort opportunities leading to a PK-12 Administration and Supervision license with a degree (M.S.Ed. or Ed.S.). You can access a program flyer here for more details about the program. Cohorts begin each semester and we are accepting applications for the Summer and Fall 2021 semesters. Register to attend an information session and learn more.
- Our next Ph.D. in Education with a Concentration in Educational Leadership Cohort begins Fall 2021. Access a program flyer here. Register to attend an information session and learn more.
More Information Here
Craig W. Smith
Human Resources Coordinator
Gloucester County Public Schools
Office of Human Resources
6099 T.C. Walker Road
Gloucester, Virginia 23061 Contact E-mail: [email protected]
PHONE: (804) 693-5300
The Gloucester County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer