As a strong community of learners, Gloucester County Public Schools is dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that emphasizes education, embraces diversity, and empowers its stakeholders (students, families, staff and community) to accomplish individual, as well as collective goals.
To provide an environment that focuses on meeting and exceeding the expectations of its stakeholders in each facet of the educational process, which includes, but is not limited to: instruction and academic achievement, school, family and community relationships, operations, safety, and emotional/mental health & wellness.
To provide a safe, clean and appropriate educational environment for learning and working.
To maintain a partnership and facilitate meaningful communication between the schools, families, staff and the community in order to deliver an appropriate educational program for each student.
To develop students' critical-thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, communication, and technological skills.
To prepare students to assume responsibility for stewardship of the natural environment.
To prepare students for employment of further academic and technical education upon graduation.
To increase community involvement.
To maintain inclusive environments.
To develop high quality curriculum, instruction, and assessments.
To establish collaborative school culture and climate.
CONSISTENT WITH THE STANDARDS OF ACCREDITATION, PROGRAMS AND STRATEGIES SHOULD ADDRESS:
• School safety and security.
• Facilities maintenance and expansion.
• High expectations for student achievement and personnel performance.
• Development and implementation of K-12 curriculum consistent with the Standards of Learning.
• Integration of technology in all curricular areas and administrative processes.
• Diverse needs of all learners, including at-risk, average, disabled, gifted and minority populations.
• Opportunities for students to serve the community.