Gloucester Community Education Partnership (GCEP)
GCEP is a collective partnership among Gloucester High School, the Gloucester Chamber of Commerce, and the Gloucester Educational Foundation, with financial support from the Gloucester Community Foundation. The CTE Department at GHS will strive to match a select number of qualified GHS juniors and seniors with job descriptions submitted by Gloucester businesses and non-profit organizations interested in employing a high school intern. By providing workplace learning and training for eligible high school students, GCEP will enable high school students to acquire skills and experiences during high school to prepare them for immediate entry-level employment after graduation, while also helping local businesses and non-profit organizations find potential employees. The benefits of GCEP are mutual:
Our Partner Employers:
• are able to attract potential career candidates with strong interest in the selected trade, service, or enterprise;
• provide high school students with entry-level work experience and opportunity;
• fulfill a variety of workplace needs through part-time student employees.
Our Student Employees:
• provide productivity and value to the employer and community;
• learn and apply relevant workplace skills from competent community business leaders;
• earn a wage while gaining valuable skills and dispositions.
Are you a Gloucester employer who is interested in learning more about how your business can participate? Complete the form below and we'll be in touch! You also can e-mail us at GCEPinfo@gc.k12.va.us.
Enter Employer Information Here